Saturday, October 11, 2008

DAY 136 - Day 39 in Recovery Paradise


I'm feeling stronger every day, but I still get tired easily. Today I saw the girls off at 9 a.m. on their trip to San Francisco and lay back in my recliner for a nap. Didn't wake up until 1:30 p.m.! I felt very rested. This is why I think that I will only be able to go back to work part time in the beginning.

My mother-in-law called from Texas today to check up on me. We spoke for about a half hour. That just about used up my voice. I still have sores on my tongue that rub up against my teeth when I talk. I drank all my meals today, so I feel good about that.

I read some depressing messages from the Google group today about the survival rate for tonsil cancer. I'll need to stay positive. It does include older patients, different stages of cancer, and different treatment plans. Everyone is an individual. I feel confident that my treatment plan was a good one. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for the next five years. I like what D Boyer from the group said: "If you get your relationships in line, exercise, eat better, appreciate the fleeting nature of life more, you might just find cancer was the best thing that ever happened to you."

Song of the Day: The Mamas and the Papas - California Dreamin'

2 comments:

  1. glad you are feeling better. It was great to see Lise and Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have EVERY reason to be optomistic! You have everything going for you - you are young, never smoked, were otherwise very healthy before the cancer, had a good diet, and a super positive outlook on life....not to mention the love and support of so many people who truly care about you.If anyone is going to fall into that lucky side of the percentages, it will be yo. Hang in - you will get there!

    Love, Sib

    ReplyDelete