Sunday, October 5, 2008

DAY 130 - Day 33 in Recovery Paradise


I just now realized it's been 130 days since first diagnosed. Sometimes it seems like that was forever ago, and sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday.

I still have sores on the side of my tongue, but my throat is not quite as sore. I'm stilling have the mucus problem, but I'm encouraged by an email from someone who is further down the road. He said that his mucus problem stopped at about a month post treatment. That would be great if the mucus problem stopped, as it seems to be my most aggravating symptom. My vision is improving.

I seem to have a small problem with my portal hole in my stomach. It seems to be oozing and there's a little bit of blood. The area is red and inflamed. I've been cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide and putting triple antibiotic ointment on it. But it doesn't seem to be getting better. I'll have the doctor look at it on Tuesday. This will be my first post treatment appointment with my radiation oncologist. I hope I get good news.

The battery is dead in my Cruiser and needs to be replaced. I'm going to try to get that fixed this month and try to start driving again by November. That way I can start taking Sarah to school and maybe start making some of my own appointments.

Song of the Day: Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream

1 comment:

  1. We have our fingers crossed and are sending a host of 'good vibes' your way for your Tuesday check-up. Things are only going to get better!

    Love, Sib

    ReplyDelete