Thursday, October 2, 2008

DAY 127 - Day 30 in Recovery Paradise


"To the soul, there is hardly anything more healing than friendship." Thomas Moore

I'm feeling pretty well, except for my mouth and throat. They are still sore. I lost my breakfast feeding after gagging on mucus, but the other feedings went OK. I will be switching to another brand of nutrient. It is made by Instant Breakfast and carries additional calories so I can cut back on the number of cans to eight instead of ten, and four feedings a day instead of five.

It has been one month since my last radiation treatment, and I have an appointment coming up next week with the radiologist oncologist. I think she will "scope me," meaning she will put a scope down my throat and take a look. Hopefully she won't see anything that shouldn't be there.

My friend Gary from work came by on his lunch hour yesterday and brought me some music CDs and some movies from his personal collection. Thanks.

I've been getting some great cards from my sister, a lot of them containing black and white photos from our youth. Great blasts from the past. I'm about 11 and she's about 8. Good memories. She has decided to hang in here with me. I appreciate it. I love you, Sharon.

My wife Lise comes home every single day for lunch. It's the highlight of my day. After lunch we walk around the block to get some exercise in. She makes me do it, even when I don't feel like it. It feels good to make lunch and have it ready for her. I do the same for dinner and have it ready for Lise and Sarah when they get in at 6. This is definitely a positive change over the last month.

Song of the Day: Gary Wright - Dreamweaver

No comments:

Post a Comment