Tuesday, October 7, 2008

DAY 132 - Day 35 in Recovery Paradise


I met with my radiologist oncologist today. Good visit. She was very positive and said I look great and that I'm making good progress. She felt my neck and said she couldn't feel any trace of cancer in the lymph nodes. I will have a CT scan in two months to make sure. She gave me a new "tube top" made of mesh (would have been a big hit in the '60s) to hold the tube against my chest and give some relief against the port plate pressing up against my skin. I weighed in at 149.2 on the doctor's scales (clothes and shoes on), up from a low of 134.8 about a month ago. She was very pleased with that and thought that we might be able to get the tube out within the next two months. She recommended that I start eating shakes and maybe mashed potatoes in another month. I'm taking in 2700-3000 calories a day.

I may be able to do a little work for my job. I have started, and I seem to be able to do it OK. I'm hoping to get my car fixed and back driving within a month. Perhaps go back to work part time in November if I'm strong enough. I'm scheduled to be off until February, but I think I'll be stronger before then.

I have been fixing dinner for the family again each night [from Lise: woo-hoo!]. I try to have it ready to go by the time they get home from school/work. They like it. [ :-) ]

Song of the Day: Jimmy Cliff - You can get it if you really want

3 comments:

  1. Great news! You are really heading into the home stretch now...You rock!

    Love, Sib

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is great. Congrats on the weight gain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news on your progress!I am sure glad to hear that. BUT what is wrong with the car????? The gorgeous almost new PT Cruiser???
    Love,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete