Thursday, August 14, 2008

DAY 78 - Another Day in Paradise



Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
John Wagner

Only single-digit days left--1 chemo (next Wednesday) and 9 days of radiation--and then the climb to recovery.

It is getting tougher to keep food down, so hope I can hold on until taste buds and saliva come back. I am not as burned as I thought I would be in the neck area (see photo). No worse than a day at the lake with a big neck tee-shirt. Hair loss in back is a bit more that I thought (see photos by my daughter Sarah). Wasn't a whole lot there in the first place - ha. Maybe no one except me notices. The burn is supposed to fade (starting in 9 days) and the hair(s) should regrow after radiation stops (but only back to original areas unfortunately).

Song of the Day: James Taylor - Help From My Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment