Thursday, August 7, 2008

DAY 71 - Another Day in Paradise


"A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug." --Patricia Neal

I'm trying to make this my mantra, as it's the only thing that I seem to have any control over. I have to rely on the doctors to provide me wonder drugs, and I'll have to supply the positive attitude.

I managed to add a new item to my diet. I made a big batch of beans from scratch for the family, and Lise pureed a serving for me. I'm sure it didn't taste as good as it did to everyone else, but it certainly was a nice change from oatmeal and milk.

Tomorrow is the end of Week 5. Two more weeks of treatment to go. I'm told that the weeks following treatment are the roughest yet. I hope that I can remain strong.

My tailbone still aches and I feel like I've torn something inside, but I can't have any operations while I'm going through treatment. Will probably see the doctor next week. Maybe I have a hernia.

Got a cool card from my sister with a guy's arm sticking out of a shark's mouth. His fingers are set in the OK sign. Oddly, that's about how I feel. Good card.

Song of the Day: Bobby Darin - Mack the Knife

No comments:

Post a Comment