Monday, September 1, 2008

DAY 96 - Another Day in Paradise


I'm sick and miserable. It's been a very long weekend. The good news is tomorrow is my last treatment. Yay! I've gotten lots of good birthday wishes. I also need a haircut, which is kind of ironic. Just on top, though. Getting my haircut by my wife is one of my favorite activities.

Rented more movies today. Movies and sleeping seem to get me through the days.

Got a birthday present from Lise--a cool moisture humidifier. The other one was hot steam, which I couldn't abide. This one should work out well. It also works for 24 hours instead of four. It's a good present. I think I will use it a lot. I love my wife very much...mucho, mucho, mucho, mucho, mucho. She takes very good care of me. I know it's got to be a tough job. [A note from Lise: No, it's not a tough job, because Bob is so self-reliant!]

The mucus seems to be the biggest problem because it builds up in the back of my throat and gags me. It is so thick that it stopped up the sink in my bathroom. We'll have to get some Draino at the store.

I dropped down to 139.5 pounds this morning. This is the lowest I've been in 30 years. But I weighed 130 in college, so I have a few more pounds available. I've had three Ensures so far today and intend to get one more down tonight. That's the best I've done for a week.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow being the last treatment so I can finally start the upswing. Thanks to everybody out there that's checking up on me. I love you all.

Song of the Day: Weird Al' Eat It

No comments:

Post a Comment