Friday, September 5, 2008

DAY 100 - Day 3 in Recovery Paradise


I met with the radiation oncologist this afternoon. I am hydrated enough and my white blood cell count is rising, but I have been losing too much weight too fast. Lost 10 lbs in 8 days, so if this does not improve tomorrow, I will check myself into the ER on Sunday for an overnight stay at Kaiser Roseville Hospital to have the dreaded PEG tube installed before I starve myself to death. Can't even get one Ensure down without losing it. I vomit several times a day, even with nothing to come up.

I can't even walk anymore. I shuffle, like I'm one of the walking dead. Last night I practiced trying to walk not like that but was too unstable. Apparently I've got two weeks to one month more of this before I can start noticing changes for the better.

Wish I could eat a cheeseburger!

Song of the Day: Cheeseburger in Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment