Saturday, November 1, 2008

DAY 157 - Day 60 in Recovery Paradise


Two months! Wow. Sometimes it seems like it was just yesterday, and sometimes it seems like it was long ago that I finished treatment. Except for the dry mouth, my mouth seems to be vastly improved. No sores, very little sore throat, and the lump on my uvula is gone. The one advantage of dry mouth is that you're not spitting all day with extra mucus. I had pureed bean soup for dinner tonight. It was a nice change.

We went to the movies today, and I didn't even take a spit cup with me! We saw High School Musical 3 in the theater, and then watched a family movie on the TV tonight, Kit Kittredge, American Girl. Today was a G movie rating day. After the movie, we played a family game of chess. I was the side-line observer, giving suggestions to both sides.

Song of the Day: Bobby Darin - Mack the Knife

2 comments:

  1. Good grief, Charlie Brown! It's hard believe---in a way---that you have started off on the fast track to recovery.
    That's the way it goes---each day is faster in a big way than the day before. Before long you won't even think about it. Guaranteed! Hurray!
    Also I'm glad that you saw good movies. I saw something called Rachel Getting Married yesterday: the biggest downer and most depressing movie I've ever seen. Ugh! A giant waste of time---people were walking out during it! So you won both ways. Lucky you!!!!
    Love,
    Martha
    PS Love to Lise, Sarah, and Lillian, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you are getting some "real" food, even if it is pureed! It must be so wonderful to have your mouth and throat back in business again....keep up the good work!

    Love, Sib

    ReplyDelete