Monday, March 15, 2010

DAY 706 - Day 556 in Recovery Paradise


My apologies for being remiss in posting the results of the latest CTScan. In my enthusiasm for the good report, I thought I had covered all the notification bases. There are readers that are not on my personal e-mail list and probably wondered what was up with the last post - "waiting on results" and then dead air.


I have a greater appreciation for the statement" Today is the first day of the rest of your life". I made a list of things I wish to do or accomplish - not that I have a gift certificate for an extension on my warranty. It is so long - I will live to 100 to get them all done. None are places. None are things to acquire (actually the opposite on this one- to divest vs acquire).


Trying to find that elusive "time" to accomplish my goals, I have started a new schedule of getting up at 5:05am (fascinated by the power of 5). With responsibilities as a husband, father, employee, chef de la casa, chauffeur, volunteer, non-profit board(s) adviser, etc., there just didn't seem to be enough time in the day to take on the new list. I have discovered 5am. I have also discovered no one wants to be your friend at 5am. Solitude and productivity.


So here is the technical side of the doctor's report - translated: no apparent signs of cancer at this point in time.


CT results

To:

Robert L Welton

From:

NATHALIE TUYET-NGOC NGUYEN MD

Received:

3/9/10 12:00 PM

Mr. Welton,

Below is your recent CT scan liver result. It is consistent with hemangioma and cyst. I would recommend no intervention at this time and you can follow with your PCP for this in the future.

Regards,

Nathalie T. Nguyen, M.D.
Radiation Oncology

CT ABDOMEN

** HISTORY **:
Followup liver lesions on previous studies, history of squamous
cell carcinoma, oropharyngeal

** FINDINGS **:
Technique: Axial images of the abdomen were obtained before and
after the administration of 100 cc of Visipaque. Arterial and
portal venous phase images were obtained.

There is a 10 mm probable hemangioma in the posterior inferior
right lobe of the liver. There is nodular discontinuous peripheral
enhancement. There is a 4 mm right hepatic lobe cyst. There is a
probable 5 mm right hepatic lobe hemangioma. No additional liver
lesions are seen. Subcentimeter lesions are difficult to
completely characterize due to their size. The imaging features
above are most typical for hepatic cyst and hemangioma.

The spleen, adrenals, pancreas, gallbladder and kidneys appear
normal. There is no bowel obstruction. No ascites is seen. The
aorta is normal in caliber.

** IMPRESSION **:
1. the previous lesions characterized on CT likely represented
two hemangiomas and one hepatic cyst.

BOB/ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE

No comments:

Post a Comment