Friday, March 5, 2010

DAY 646 - Day 545 in Recovery Paradise


Three CtScans in three weeks. Whew. The good news is that they aren't finding anything definitely bad each time. The not-so-good news is, they keep finding something that prompts them to run yet another scan.

Two weeks ago I had my 1.5 year ck-up scan and all concerned areas were clean.[good news], BUT they detected "something worth checking out [not so good]

Last Monday had a second CTScan with injected dye and 900ml of Barium Sulfate to ingest first. Report came back "mostly" good:

"It suggests a few liver lesions, which are most likely benign hemangioma which in layman's terms, is a noncancerous lesion that occurs as a result of poorly formed vasculature. No real intervention is needed in most cases and most likely they do not develop into cancers. However, to confirm that these small lesions are hemangiomas, we can do a more specific CT scan, focusing more on the liver. I will order this CT for you along with again premedications and oral contrast to be picked up prior to the scan."

So, I have the third scan tonight 9:20p PST with Readi-Cat Barium "smoothie".[note- there is always HUMOR everywhere - I have a choice of chocolate, berry or banana - But the instructions are in two parts. Part a. is relating to use as an enema...a banana smoothie up my butt? Is there no mercy here? My wife laughingly pointed out I was to use the "part b" protocol for "oral consumption" – ha.

There is no discomfort in any of this other than the 24 hrs before mind-games and the 72 hr-after waiting for the results. I have a fairly powerful proactive mental health program that has stood by me this past two years, but having to max it out for 3 weeks in a row is wearing thin. There seems to to be a chunk of Kryptonite around here somewhere. I cut the last two scan reports in half, discarding the HOWEVER, blah, blah, blah and just kept "everything seems to looking good" part. Read before going to sleep.

I am relying on my music a lot-

excerpt from one of my blogs:

* "The Power of Music - I love my music. Sometimes it is like the song was written just for me, for this time in my life. "Yesterday, when all my troubles seemed so far away"-Beatles, "Every little thing gonna be alright" - Bob Marley, "Feeling Good - You know how I feel -It's a new dawn-It's a new day-It's a new life-For me-And I'm feeling good" -Adam Lambert version, "Live like you're dying-tell them you love them while you can"..Kris Allen - Tim McGraw version works also…you get the picture. Put these all together on a cd and crank it up - will drive the blues out the door."

When I was 20 (1967 - hanging out at the Fillmore / Bill Graham Presents in S.F. listening to Led Zeppelin, The Grateful Dead, The Who, Cream, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix Experience,The Allman Brothers Band, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Big Brother and the Holding Company and more for $3 admission ($3.50 at the door-except for Tuesdays Jam night with next week's groups for $1) it never occurred to me that I would need any more than a 40 year extension on my personal warranty- ha- Thought that would last me FOREVER!

I should have ponied up and asked for the 60 or 70 year warranty. Still glad to be here, however, haggling with the Big Service Manager in the Sky...will know next week if He bought my pitch.




No comments:

Post a Comment