Sunday, February 28, 2010

DAY641- Day 540 in Recovery Paradise


Tomorrow is the big day in a seemingly endless array of big days. I go in for my latest CTScan for spots on my liver. The last one was of my head and neck area and although it came back clean- it accidentally (or was it) noted a non-typical spot on the top of my liver. Normally I would have been still celebrating a clean scan for my Tonsil Cancer...but all that has been postponed until I get these new results back.

I have to take a lot of pre-meds starting 12 hours before, 2 hours before, 1.5 hours before, 1/2 hour before and 2 minutes before.

My scan is scheduled for tomorrow night. Whereas most of us do not need a good excuse to lift a glass of wine, I would ask that at 7:20 pm, PST, anyone that has read this by then, hoist a glass and think a good thought. Kind of like in Peter Pan where the kids were asked to say "I believe in Fairies, I believe in Fairies" to make the magic happen. If this is awkward...drink a pre-drink drink at 7:00 pm and it will be much easier to pull off. If indeed you choose to say" To Bob, I believe in Fairies:...please forewarn anyone listening of why you are sayings this, so as to not create any rumors regarding my masculinity.

"If, of thy mortal goods, thou art bereft,
And from thy slender store two loaves
alone to thee are left,
Sell one & from the dole,
Buy Hyacinths to feed the soul"

- Muslihuddin Sadi, 13th Century Persian Poet















"If, of thy mortal goods, thou art bereft,
And from thy slender store two loaves
alone to thee are left,
Sell one & from the dole,
Buy Hyacinths to feed the soul"
- Muslihuddin Sadi,
13th Century Persian Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment