Saturday, June 7, 2008

DAY 10 - Another Day in Paradise



Leaving today for long-planned week-long family vacation in Canada at 2p. Went in to hospital at 6:30 am to have my PETSCAN. It is good that I am a talker- making casual conversation with the tech as we walked out to the mobile PETSCAN trailer I happened to mention I was flying out to Canada in a few hours - the tech laughed and said no way - I would be so "hot" from the radiation that I would set off all the alarms in the airport and homeland security would be all over me and we wouldn't make our flight. As I have not told our daughter yet - I thought this would not be the way to broach the subject. I had no choice but to reschedule the scan fro next Sunday when we get back. No one told me I would be radioactive and couldn't fly - I had mentioned to everyone I was leaving on vacation that day. Had to reschedule until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment