Monday, December 14, 2009

DAY 562 - Day 465 in Recovery Paradise


Wow! What a difference a year makes.

I posted on December 5, 2008 that I was slowly getting back my ability to eat. Lise and I went out to dinner during one of Sarah's Nutcracker rehearsals and I was only able to eat a few beets on a small salad. I didn't enjoy the chocolate dessert mousse, but thought I might start to get my taste for chocolate back.

I was still drinking Ensures and having small bites to get back to the joy of eating. I was tired a lot and still took naps. My hair was starting to grow back. My observation was that "All-in-all, things are getting better every day".

My hair did grow back, covering the new bald spots caused by treatment, but sadly enough did not fill in the bald spots I had prior to treatment...ha...and it grew back darker. Still don't like chocolate, so that is probably a done deal and won't return.

It has been just over a year and I am able to eat just about anything, unless it is really dry...like scones. I don't get tired so much, but still have issues with the corners of my mouth cracking and I wake up every morning with a dry mouth...probably because of breathing through my mouth at night.

Recently, I had seen my regular doctor regarding a sore throat and he observed that my voice box was raw and I needed to give my voice a rest. That is tough to do when you "talk for a living"...with a 30 calls per day rule. After this week, I will take two weeks off from my job and drink lots of hot green tea and give the talking a rest.

"Don't count the days, make the days count"....Muhammad Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment