Monday, August 24, 2009

DAY 450 - Day 353 in Recovery Paradise


Have been following the tonsil-cancer-support@googlegroups.com blog and there seems to be a never-ending flow of other souls coming down the long hard road of dealing with tonsil cancer. Lots of people in their 50's being affected. Must be a connection there. Perhaps it was the lifestyle of the 70's?

Had a CT Scan last Monday - but no posted results. I am hoping it is just as a benchmark for my schedule to have them every 6 months for the next 4 years. I still have a constant sore throat, but my sinus issues seem to be going away. I was free of throat issues there for a few months and it seems to have come back within the past two months. I have grown used to it, so I don't think about it much. There is another guy at my work that is a brain cancer survivor and another young guy at my work who just went through a testicular cancer scare this past week.

The biggest gift I received from this experience is to place a better perspective on what is really important and I can assure you it is not "things"...although I admit, guiltily, I did delight in treating myself to repainting my 2006 PT Cruiser the color I always wanted for my birthday. My renewed and re-energized goal is to be a better husband, better father, better brother, better friend, better person to those around me.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed......
Albert Einstein

Song of the Day: Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven


No comments:

Post a Comment