Tuesday, September 29, 2009

DAY 487 - Day 390 in Recovery Paradise

One year ago today (September 29, 2008), I posted:

"I fixed dinner for the family tonight: roast beef deli rolls, corn-on-the-cob, salad and peaches and strawberries for dessert. I had my feeding tube. Not quite the same. I can still smell everything. I miss eating. When the saliva comes back, I would love to sit down to dinner with my family. My mouth is still a bit sore and my throat is sore. The meds are slowly catching up."

Song of the Day: Creedance Clearwater-Long As I Can See the Light

One year later:

Tonight, I made grilled salmon, homemade mashed Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced heirloom tomatoes and fresh beets from our new organic farm delivery service (first delivery today) and garlic toast. I dined with my family and ate it all. What a difference a year makes.

Then.......

We all went out for ice cream to celebrate the news that Sarah, age 11-6th grade, was made principal chair of the cello section of her school string orchestra...five cello players and her teacher placed her number 1....also is currently making straight A's. Woo-Hoo.

A year ago I couldn't have eaten dinner or gone out for ice cream. It is good to be here.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment